what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by bundyxc, Nov 14, 2008.

1. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

So, I'm I'm starting a gaming forum, and want to know if you think it will actually get up and running. I don't want to make a profit, but I want an active community for all of us gamers. For us, by us..

I know that there are already some forums for gaming, but they aren't really.. by us. We don't control those communities. They're controlled by a man in a suit.

&& if they are founded by a regular guy, the admin is a total jerk (for lack of a better term).

So what do you guys think, you think that I could do it?
    I already have the forum up with phpBB, but we'll move to vBulletin as soon as we can.

Note to mods: This is not meant to be an advertisement, or spam. If you believe it is, please let me know. I purposefully did not include the name of the forum, or a link in THIS post. I will if anybody inquires about it. Thanks.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    In order to have a chance at being successful, make sure you have good forum software such as vBulletin and a registered domain rather than a free one.
  3. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

Well, I have my own domain. Right now it's located at bundyxc.com (the domain that I use for personal stuff), but we'll be moving to forthewin.com (or something like that) in the near future. We're also working on getting vB as soon as possible, but funds are tight.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, it might be difficult getting off the ground. But, if you can manage, you'll be able to balance your costs out with ad revenue. Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

Thanks a ton. Any ideas on promoting the site? I know that this isn't a marketing forum, but I'm just lost on ideas on how to get it out to gamers. I don't want to spam sites (because I'm not a douchebag), or anything like that. But at the same time I don't want to be stuck in the corner of the internet where nobody knows who I am (or who we are). Any ideas?

Again, thanks for everything you've said so far. Support is great.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You should have a talk with bgizzle, the administrator.

He might have a word or two about how this forum got on it's feet.
  7. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

You sure? I'm a sixteen year old kid. I don't want to waste his time.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Doesn't hurt to try. The worst that will happen is that he won't reply to your private message.
  9. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Also, signing up to other forums, gaming forums, that allow advertising in sigs help.

It will be hard to get off the ground as theres a few decent ones but all the best.