what do i need to know before buying an ipod touch 2nd gen 32gigs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by charlyxx, Jun 17, 2009.

1. charlyxx

charlyxx New Member

hi,

my name is charly and im about to buy an almost new ipod (almost used xD), the thing is that this ipod is not sealed, im gonna meet the seller tomorrow to see the ipod and how is it... if it hasnt an scratch or printed fingers in the screen if it is in good shape.. but..

what else should i see .. i read about some serial numbers that came with malfunctions

so what else do you guys recommend me to see or ask the buyer...

he says its almost new and he bought it from apple store in ca. three months ago and its not registered yet.. how can i confirm this (the register thing)?? and what bennefits has to register??

thx in advance and with your advice guys soon ill be part of this comunity ( i hope)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. beebop

beebop New Member

you don't need to know anything really... just what firmware version it is.
  3. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Look for dust/light leaks on the screen. And if the screen is a bit wiggling. otherwise its ok
  4. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check the back to make sure its actually 32 GB. And check the side for the volume thing to make sure its a 2g.

Thats really all.
  5. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Basically check to see if it works fully, no dents scratches and so on, and also think about the possibility that they may be a iPod touch 3rd gen coming out in september, so you can wait till then to see or buy the ipod now
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, if you can wait the summer, you will be happy beyond belief when the wait pays off. That's the way it is with Apple.
  7. lrg32shots

lrg32shots Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can check the serial # of the ipod online at apples site and it will let you know the warranty and the date it was purchased.

I would definitely, above all check the water damage indicator to see if its damaged at all. Sometimes an ipod could be working perfectly fine while being water damaged, then a few days later it craps out.

So stare down that headphone jack of the ipod and if it is silver on the bottom, youre good to go. But if it has any traces of pink, pass on it cause itll never work properly and apple will not replace it under warranty.

But serial #, gb size, and FW version can all be checked on the "about" section in the settings of the ipod. Also try playing a song on it prior to buying to make sure the speakers aren't blown or distorted.