What do i need to do when i upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by DarkKnIgHt007, Jun 17, 2009.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys im a little lost when it comes to upgrading. so if u could help me out that would be great! heres some Q's

1) So far there is no ipt2g jailbreak for the 3.0 released? so how do we know when 3.0 is released and the devs test their jailbreak if it works? Cuz i dont want to be stuck on 3.0 with no jailbreak for MONTHS. (like the original 2g jb)

2) Well im guessing there is no way to save my jailbroken apps from 2.2.1 aptbackup to 3.0. And i have also heard not to use aptbackup cuz it leaves info for the genius's at Apple to see when u turn ur ipod in 4 warranty.

3) will all my apps work??? From Cydia and Appstore? I dont want my apps to not work and crash all of the time.

4) Will i still be able to have themes and everything from previous jailbreaks on the 3.0?

5) Is it worth the $10??

Thanks,
    Darkknight007
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) The jailbreak has not been released because 3.0 has not been officially released to the public. So just wait for any front-paged announcements on this site.

2) Use Aptbackup. What??

3)Yes

4)We're not sure if Winterboard works on 3.0. (at least I don't). It should though.

5)Yes