What do I essentially need to do ...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cornflake8286, Dec 7, 2008.

1. cornflake8286

cornflake8286 New Member

Ok , im sure this has been asked 1000x over and over , but searching the forum, I cant find the exact answer im looking for , I also googled, but most of the threads I found tend to be outdated . Here goes..

So I traded my 30gb Microsoft Zune for a 1st Gen 8gb Itouch .. I have never messed with apple software or Itunes and am relatively new to it, But i have plenty of technological experience. My question is this , THe Itouch CAME Jailbroken , but most of the apps didnt work , they just closed out on their own after a few seconds , So i restored the itouch , removed all her crap , and labeled it as my own . It is currently updated to 2.2 , In order to Jailbreak this , im confused as wether to downgrade all the way to 1.1.1 or if i can skip some steps and go to 1.1.4 or .5 , just so many different threads and hacks ive seen , I would like to know what is the best method to use , step by step to get from 2.2 to wherever i need to be and the right hack to use. If anyone can shed some light on this for me , it would be greatly appreciated.... Sorry for the long rant

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LMAO, you've been reading ancient threads.
    I'm pretty sure you can't jailbreak 2.2 unless you have a Mac (until the windows version of QuickPwn is updated).

Just downgrade to 2.1 and there's plenty of threads on jailbreaking that.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. cornflake8286

cornflake8286 New Member

Kiks , Thanx so much , you just made my day , Im currently reading the section of "Must have apps" and going from their , but one question , some apps i use , just seem to basically crash , for instance , I downloaded the "Drunctionary" and when i open it , I can see the recipes for like 3 seconds and then it goes back to home

------------------double post merged------------------
    Cmon , I wanna have my Drunktionary

Anyone know how to stop it from crashing ie. setting permissions or something?
  5. cornflake8286

cornflake8286 New Member

bump for getting my Drunktionary to work 100%

6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Double posting [1 point / 1 strike]

Don't bump.
    Unless it's been updated for 2.X then it won't work.