What do apple store do with old macs?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by tylobedo, Aug 6, 2008.

1. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    As i was sitting in a apple store today playing with an imac drooling over it, i remeber reading on macrumours or somewhere they are coming out with a whole new line up of macs soon, so i wondered "hmmmm what are they gonna do with this imac when the new ones come?"

i mean hell if i can get a imac with $2000+ software (adobe cs3 and Microsoft office are installed on all the macs in that store) for Alot cheaper cuz its used and old and stuff i might just do that.

or maybe bgizzle lends them the ban hammer and they smash am

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Stop production and put a sale on them. If they're not all sold out or something they sell on Ebay probably. Or the employees get them..
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Pssshh. if thats true, then I can make a living at an apple store.
  4. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

They give them to schools I believe.

So soon we will no longer have crapple's in our schools, and good ones!
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They stop production and sell the rest of them.
  6. SkaterGOD/DOOD23

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, maybe *some* of them.. like one employee gets <number of computers> in <number of years> considering <how long employee has worked>..

The ratio of the numbers or something, and then the employee gets one. I dunno.

7. Fehr

Fehr New Member

...Crapple sounds like Snapple. Snapple = good. Hence, Crapple = 50/50 chance of being good.

Sorry for the awesome off-topicness. But I think I agree with you. Pretty sure they give them to schools or something... that would definitely increase their publicity, not that anyone DOESN'T know the infamous Apple...

I wish they gave the old macs to the employees. Then the employees would be happy men and women... unlike the ones at McDonalds. >:[
  8. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    how much is an iMac with photoshop 6 & illistrater 10??

My parents got my one today (no I'm not spoiled, and I didn't ask for it) and I want to know how much they spent on me so I can "thank" them later.
  9. 11hawkinst

11hawkinst New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't know if they go to schools or not. I think that they might give them to employees with the best sales or something (I think that would make sense).

Maybe they send 'em back to Apple and they have a mega store facility full of macs. Highly doubt it, but, with Apple, almost anything is possible!
  10. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I myself have been following the imac scene very closely seeing as I have been saving up for one for over 3 months now....and I can say with almost total confindence, there will not be another imac update until at least January(Macworld) but more than likley they won't make much of a noticable update until this time next year(post-wwdc update) seeing as it is the launch of Intels consumer line of Nehalem processors(Next-gen architechture) and Apples all new Snow leopard to go along with it...not to mention the fact that it has only been around 2-3 months since the last iMac update.

My advice: if you plan on getting an iMac soon, get it soon. Otherwise you'll end up waiting a year for the new ones.

anyways...apple usually stops production in expectation of new iMacs...so that the very few old iMacs not sold are simply sold for around $100-200 off at retail stores that have leftovers.