what did i do wrong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by focued, Mar 3, 2008.

1. focued

focued New Member

This is what i did, to try to jailbreak my 8GB Ipod Touch on a MAC. Following this method (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30575) To Jailbreak 1.1.3 for iPod Touch with NO Computer!!

1. connected itunes to ipod touch 8GB. Hold Power and Home button, and did a OPTION-Restore, to 1.1.3 Firmware.

2. After Ipod Touch has been restored. ITunes 7.6.1 asked To set up the ipod touch, I quit itunes at that point.. without setting up

3. i open the iJailbreak 0.5.4, with ipod touch connected to the MacBook. i click the JAILBREAK button.

4. The ipod touch screen turned black, and words scrolling up... until "Spamming AT, waiting for a response." And hang there..

So, i restore everything to 1.1.3 again..

I am sorry, i dont know what to do..
    I tried to just jailbreak 1.1.1, but the jailbreakme.com website doesn't crash the safari... nothing happen for a long time..

Hope someone can help?
    thanks!
    focued
  2. sushiboy

sushiboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just use ZiPhone 2.5 to JB your 8GB into the 1.1.3 firmware.
  3. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea, try ziphone. It worked perfectly well on my 8GB.
  4. focued

focued New Member

Thank you all

Hey,

Thank you all of you..
    this morning, after restoring to 1.1.1, i sync up with Podcasts and photos.. and left for school.... while in class

Please Register or Log in to view images

, i went to jailbreakme.com and try ONE MORE TIME.. it works!! i installed Installer, and jail broken 1.1.1, installed iphone apps on my ipod touch.

It works now.. i am rebuilding my ipod touch with the lost apps etc... i am happy now. I dont dare to try to upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 hahahaha... i am contented..
    Have to give up that google map, locate me feature haha

Thanks so much!
    focued