iOS 4.0 What Cydia Apps Do I Use to Backup Jailbroken iPhone Before Updating to 4.0?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SomaliMahamed, Jun 17, 2010.

1. SomaliMahamed

SomaliMahamed Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I am going to update to 4.0 on Monday and I used several backup apps like aptbackup and others but they don't work. What do you recommended.
  2. chaosking121

chaosking121 New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Try these!

hey...i am in the same situation as you and MANY others...before you update make sure to back up ur shsh's and make sure there is a jailbreak and/or unlock...just saying...

anyway... these apps can back up your app data and cydia apps...i dont recommend the latter as most of them wont work...

try chronus (recommended) or appbackup(confirmed working in ios 4) or both like me

Please Register or Log in to view images

appbackup and chronus are free but chronus has some really cool paid only features...you can get chronus cracked form this source http colon //[redacted] dot com with all the features...

one more thing before you restore from backup and itunes make sure you are jailbroken and all necessary apps are installed...

afterwards you can find out how to collect all ur backups with chronus with a simple google search (may need to ssh if you have alot)

you can check jb apps compatability here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tz1lkTAAwtDi_7HJxef0Vgg&f=true&gid=1

anyway hope i helped! i joined just to post this! XD

good luck with ios 4!
  3. redXIII

redXIII New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    pkgbackup is awesome
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Try using the backup feature in Rock or aptbackup. Yes, that is spelled right.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You do realise that most of these apps wont work on 4.0 when you restore with it....
  6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    But they will install, and therefore, you can be alerted when they are updated to work.