What can I use to "open" the app files?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Rawd, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a program I can use to read the main system files that are in the app folders. They have no extention. I have opened a few in notepad and wordpad and I can make out a little bit of english, but the rest is garbage. I would like to start messing around with this stuff, but I have no idea where to start. Could someone point me in the right direction?
  2. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to open the app file in the new program "bounce". The file is called "app" with no extention, so this is the message I get when I tried to use that site...

"The file format of App is mis-match!"

What is "binary format of Property list" ?
  4. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what file are you trying to open? if possible screen shot your pc or something
  5. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    He is trying to open the actual application. Rawd, this script is for converting .plist files.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ya, I need to find out how to open the actual application to view and possibly edit. I bought an older mac if I need it, but I was just wondering if anyone knows how to actually open and view these files? What language are they programmed in?
  7. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i made a little progress towards this solution i think... with windows i copied over the app file and rnamed it to a .plist (first thing that popped up in my head). the text is different, but not near anything totally legible.. i think the sdk will probably do this for you