What can i do with my ipod now?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dude111115, Jul 3, 2009.

1. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, i have a question. is there any way to overclock the itouch???????! i know, this questions been asked before but no one ever gives a strait answer. and to all of the people who are going to SPAM this saying "oh why would you want to do that it would over heat and wear out the battery, blah blah blah" shut up. it wont over heat because most of us know that the itouch is already underclocked. and me only having a crappy 1G i really need some more processing power.is there ANY way to make my ipod run faster? Oh also i have another question its quite off topic but people have been discussing Bluetooth on the itouch 1G and saying that there is actually a bluetooth chip in the itouch but its not been activated yet in the 1G. is this true??
  2. liammk

liammk New Member

there is no blutooth chip in the 1g only the 2g, and at the current point in time it is not possible to over clock.
  3. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it actually will overheat, apple underclocked it for a reason. battery usage and heat control. but to answer your question, no. and i dont think there is a bluetooth chip in the ipod touch first gen.
  4. jeterfan428

jeterfan428 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you know if you have a 1G or 2G? I got mine in like March.
  5. SteelFan86

SteelFan86 New Member

If you have a volume control on the side of your iPod, it's a 2G. If you only have the power button and home, it's a 1G.
  6. jeterfan428

jeterfan428 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you.
  7. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Also, if you will look at your itouch, if the back is flat, its a 1G. if its rounded, its a2G
  8. kinglozzer

kinglozzer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Exactly correct. Even raising the clock speed to the chips usual speed would increase the heat output too much. It's not possible anyway, apple did it one of the 1.x.x updates (can't remember which) and people tried to figure out how they did it; and failed. They only upped it by a tiny tiny amount anyway.

As for Bluetooth, I asked the same question a while back when I found Bluetooth files in the firmware, but no there is no chip in the 1G iPod touch