What can I do here?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch_PR_14, Jul 16, 2008.

1. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    OK, I had some problems with my iPod and had to restore. I was on 1.1.4. I went into recovery mode and couldnt get out of recovery, so I really had no choice but to restore this time. I connected my iPod to my PC and tried to restore through Shift+Restore but iTunes wouldnt let me. So I gave up and just pressed Restore and it was suddenly downloading an Update. I didnt pay much attention to this (which I should have done). So I left it there and went out for about half-an-hour and when i came back it was done. I went to the iPod to see if everything was OK and to my Surprise it was on 1.1.5. I used ZiPhone to see if it could still Jailbreak my iPod and it did. I noticed MOST of the BEST apps didnt work so I restored again and Im now on 1.1.5. So Im now trying to find a downgrader but nothing. Trying to find a Jailbreaker specifically for 1.1.5 but still nothing. So I thought of upgrading to 2.0 and then downgrade to 1.1.4. Im already downloading the 2.0 firmware so if its a good idea let me know, if not then I guess I'll cancel the download. But just to be clear, what I want is to use the 1.1.4 apps. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
  2. mikey91

mikey91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    OK, so now my problem is i can't upgrade to 2.0 cause, when I try to doing the Shift+Update, I open the file and it says: "Extracting Software...", "Preparing iPod For Software Upgrade..."(my iPod automatically gets in Recovery Mode), and then it says: The iPod "iPod" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (5). What's that? How can I update to 2.0?
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe u wouldn't pirate stuff it's only $10
  5. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you go on the apple support forum they have a list of all the errors for ipod touch and iTunes. you should look up your error and theyll give you a good solution if the forum posted above doesnt help. Good luck!