What can be voiced?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by skyline_-, Feb 15, 2008.

1. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Lots of threads have been deleted, or locked because of people voicing what they think.
    Is this not allowed? Site chat you talk about the site, people will have their own voice on stuff, why not let it happen? If it's going to be a flame war let it be, see where it goes.

Am I the only one that thinks these forums are over moderated? Why not lay loose on locking the forums and let people debate "site" chat.

It's not going to hurt anyone.
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Anything. As long as you are not posting things that are against the rules.
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Am I the only one that sees threads magically disappear when they are about other moderators, or what moderators do? Not to mention the threads locked because:

"I can see where this is going"
    "This is going to turn into a flame war"
    "This has turned into a flamewar"

Take a look at my post's.. Almost half of them are locked because of that and had valid debates.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Threads must be locked when a situation is getting out of control, or the OP requests it to be done. Unfortunately, the moderator's judgment is likely different from the people participating in the "spirited discussion". I support mods who allow debate but not a flame war, but the line between the two is often unclear.

I must say that I do question why 2 threads regarding the moderator crazyloof were deleted, not closed. I do understand the banning of user michigan(numbers), but the threads, I think should have been closed, not deleted. Closing a thread is less "oppressive" (don't shoot me for using that word) than deleting it because people can still read posts on a closed thread.

Of course whoever deleted the threads had a legitimate reason to do so, and I must say the threads were not pretty, to say the least.

Those are just my observations, and I am not complaining or leading a violent revolt of some sort.

Please Register or Log in to view images

*This is a perfectly legitimate thread (as of the time I posted this). Please don't let this spiral out of control.
  5. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

I understand the whole out of control thing. But, Iv seen so many topics that were fine, some people disagreed with another guy, so they started debating about it and it gets locked.

I also think no post's should be deleted unless its massive spam, advertising, rick roll ect.

If its locked you still have the record to look back on.
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    nothing except spam is EVER fully deleted. i have everything still available for record-keeping. there are some threads that are simply pointless though, and inappropriate.
  7. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

I understand that, you are the admin of the forum. I am talking about users being able to see it instead of deleting it.
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    vulgar threads are deleted to remove clutter, avoid wasting people's time, and remain compliant with advertiser agreements.
    1 person likes this.
  9. iPodHacker_

iPodHacker_ New Member

This exact thing happened to me actually (non rant I promise), I voiced my opinion, got banned/IP Banned/temp banned/silenced/well.....pretty much all types of combinations.