What are you views on this apple ad?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouch02, Nov 24, 2008.

1. ipodtouch02

ipodtouch02 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    okay so i was on the apple site and i was watching the spoofs that they usually do and i came across a recent one where i was a bit confused? but if you watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVyTnTdijog okay well dosent apple too spend a great bit of money on their adds? idk im all for the ad but i was just a bit confused thats all post ur comments on the video let me hear what ya got to say
    thanks
    ipodtouch02
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I don't want to watch, I'm guessing it's those stupid commerical with the two guys. I think I saw this one. It was stupid just like all the others.

I think Apple should stop worrying so much about Microsoft. The first few of those ads were kinda funny and a little creative, but they've just gotten out of hand. All those ads show that Apple is really trying hard to win over Microsoft users and it's at a point where it's pathetic.
  3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Well , if they can take over Microsoft's market more than they already have , why wouldn't they ?
    I think it's good marketing personally.
  4. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that was actually my favorite one when it came out. i lol'd
  5. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm a PC owner and find these ads completely insulting and degrading. I'm now selling my Ipod.

Just kidding. Seriously I thought those stupid I'm a PC, I'm Mac commercials were pretty funny when they first came out. As with all advertising campaigns, they've dragged this one out a little too long though, its getting stale.
  6. ipodtouch02

ipodtouch02 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    very true i must say ^^^^^ but okay correct me if im wrong please but im not sure.. this ad does make a good point tho.. why do they keep making these " and im a pc" commercials when they actually could be putting that money towards vista? just throwing that out there..
    thanks
    ipodtouch02
  7. Neffirithion

Neffirithion New Member

Up until recently (AKA: this summerish...) Microsoft didn't really put *any* money into advertising (xbox department excluded) and for years the apple switch ads went unchallenged... so when Microsoft put 200 million dollars into the ad campaign this was bound to happen... The reason its not going to vista, is cause really... vista is kinda a lost cause... if you noticed a lot of the new "I'm a PC" stuff isn't about vista, its about microsoft... They are thinking ahead and just preparing for windows 7, which is from what I hear, gonna be actually a lot better than vista (and this opinion is from a non-microsoft source... and I believe microsoft isn't paying them to say it either) So yea... a lot of people say 200 million is a ton.... and it is, but think about it, we are talking about microsoft, possibly the biggest company in the world... 200 million isn't gonna hurt them too much.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    its a brilliant marketing ploy.

Its healthy competition with apple trying to take over microsofts large market share. Apple found a thing to poke at windows and they have done it.

Ok, yes, the adverts are getting a bit long, but after windows 7 is out, apple will have to think of a new marketing scheme.

As you can see, Apple mentions nothing about the Mac, it just trys to make windows sound as bad as possible in order to make people reconsider buying a pc and switching to mac.
  9. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes, very true, i mean that hsows that Apple can't take that so many people have microsoft, in fact why don't they just decrease the prices of their macs? Then people would but them!!
  10. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Meh, the ads just try and win users into the Mac world. And Microsoft did spend a hell of a lot of money on going around the world and asking people to say "I'm a PC"