what are the reasons to get an iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by dalt0n94, Feb 14, 2008.

1. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey I'm trying to get my parents to buy me an iPhone, and I want them to see all the cool things that can be done with it, because they won't just take my word for it... Oh, and also, are the AT&T plans good? Because unless alltel has sim cards, I think ill have to get one... Thanks!
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    #1) Apple makes it (So its automatically awsome!)
    #2)You can keep in contact via email if on a trip

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I'm waiting for a 3g Iphone, but only because the Edge sucks in the UK so browsing and e-mail are pretty pointless unless you have a wifi connection - therefore the touch is a more cost effective option.

Presuming that Edge in the US is more advanced and web browsing and e-mail are at a decent speed, the reasons for getting an Iphone are that your parents are buying you a device which is basically a PDA (Personal Digtial Assistant) which will become the standard for business executives in the near future. So they are investing in your future employment, and in your learning about a cutting edge technology.
  4. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Well, to robcoffee, anyone who jailbroke the iPod Touch and uses it regularly is well-prepared for any business technology in the future. People just have to keep up with all the new programs and the iPod Touch is proof of that.

But to dalton, I say wait. Good things come to those who wait. The iPhone was released in June 2007 and they already lowered the price a few times and increased the capacity. If I were going to get one, I would wait until the release of the next one. Something tells me it will release very soon and when it does, you better buy it as soon as possible.