What are the reasons to buy a Mac?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Hostpik, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Hostpik

Hostpik New Member

Me and a friend of my are talking about what's better. Mac or Windows. It's going on about a month now and I'm getting really tired of it. His reasons are games (I don't need that, I have a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, why should I have a gaming PC) and that Mac is expensive. My reason is quite simple. I don't want an OS that you cannot trust. My Windows XP SP2 is crashing a lot and I am sick of it. I don't understand why other people aren't sick of it. It looks like people has seen it as an part of life.

But what are the reasons to take a Mac? Why should I buy a Mac?
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'd say mac, Its simple to use, looks good, and its so tidy. Windows are usually blky, crammed with uneeded applications.

Windows has many viruses meaning you pay for anti virus. Macs have built in antivirus so you don't get any.

Macs have great applications and now they have word, excel, and powerpoint etc - onyl thing is harder to download stuff for macs rather then windows.

If you have say 10 apps running on mac it only detects one whereas the windows don't so your pc laggs mor eon windows..

i think all macs have built in wifi and bluetooth which is also a great money saver and nice add on.

Easy to access files and stuff... umm

They are very nice to work with (presentations, write ups, graphics) where as imo windows are ugly lol

with the new imacs they ahve 1 plug so saves space and all the stuff is built into screen and is very thin which is great.

umm i apologise if any info is incorrect...

Try googl'ing Mac versus windows or on youtube

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  3. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

I thought about this debate three months ago, it was also the same time I bought my iMac.

Three reasons why Macs are better:
    -The most attractive OS/machine you will ever see.
    -Very safe (at the moment, hopefully for a long time)
    -You can run Windows XP or Vista on a Mac alongside Leopard - at a faster speed.

Huh? Faster Windows on a Mac? Yeah, if you search, you will find that Macs were voted the best Windows machine of the year in PC Magazine (not sure about the magazine).

So, essentially, if you got the cash to spring for a new Mac, get it. It doesn't matter what you need, Macs will handle it, and will do it better.
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Im starting to hate windows more and more every single day!

My computer that ive had for 2 years, always crashes and turns off... the computer is crap...

I CAN'T PLAY STARCRAFT ON IT! STARCRAFT!

I want a mac...
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I hate windows, ive lost so mcuh work which was unable to backup for several reasons, lots of apps lost, an dit was just a pain (lagged as soon as i bought itlol)

Now ive moved over to mac an di have now got serveral mac machines and laptops and i am very pleased wth them.

6. Hostpik

Hostpik New Member

I don't think it's possible to play Starcraft on a Mac though.

Windows runs faster on a Mac huh? I've seen some videos where you can run Leopard en Windows XP at the same time. That's pretty cool. I'm also a big downloader, would that be any problem?
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Im sure running Leopard of windows xp woudl cause lagg or many bugs/glitches and cause soem issues

8. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  9. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I grew up with windows. After looking at my friends powerbook, I knew that when I went to college I needed a mac.

I am now the proud owner of a Macbook. Simply amazing. I love it.

for all the reasons stated above. If you don't have any program you NEED that run on windows only I would 100% suggest getting a mac. I would however, wait until the end of the month to make sure Apple doesn't release anything ridiculous and new for around the same price. I think thats a safe bet a lot of the time.
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad