What are the chances of someone releasing an app/hack to use the radio remote?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by tech3475, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since 3.0 allows access to dock devices, this is more possible now on 3.0 so is it likely that someone will release a hack/app for 3.0 ipt/iphone users to allow for the apple radio remote?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    One would think that it would be Apple themselves to implement such an ability. I would really enjoy that.
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    they probably want people to buy the mic remote (which is a worse product IMO unless you want the mic).
  4. Turnki

Turnki New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope the radio remote will not work it is a old 50 dollar item and the iphone is a new 200 dollar item they arnt going to put anything in there software for it, nothing thats differnent from the last update
  5. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That's why he's asking if it will be easier for a hack to be implemented that allows you to use it, the price also doesn't matter of whether its compatible or not
  6. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I gave up on apple supporting this the first 24 hours after receiving it and doing some research about three months ago(it was a gift for my 80GB classic but I think support for the classic is good to make it easier to pause/change tracks).
  7. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Theres always the Griffin Navigate. I've been looking at that, does the same thing, reviews are the same if not better and you can get it for 40 bucks. it also has a little OLED screen for displaying track info and RDS from radio stations, and there's even supposed to be an app for added functionality coming soon.

EDIT: forgot to say that it IS compatible with iphone and ipod touch
  8. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am not that bothered truth be told. Its just that since I have it, might as well use it if I can.