What are the best games for these game types?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Jared327, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Jared327

Jared327 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm looking for PAID apps because I want the best. Money isn't really an object for these apps since I've been wanting them for awhile.

I need them for a trip I'm taking next week.

Solitaire (klondike style)
    Chess
    Mah Jong (sp?)
    Word Search
    Any other type of word game

And any other kind of great time waster games.

Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. igeoffrey

igeoffrey Member

Device:
    iPad
    search mobilityware and get there solitare
    features
    - Klondike
    - Draw 1 card
    - Draw 3 cards
    - Drag and drop cards
    - Portrait
    - Landscape
    - Right or left handed play
    - Game state saved when interrupted
    - Unlimited undo
    - Auto complete to finish game
    - Best score saved
    for chess
    Patzer (Chess)
    by C.Y.borg's Neural Net, LLC
    features
    Manage multiple games at once. You can quickly find the games awaiting your move, just by glancing at their thumbnail previews.
    * Easy-to-use e-mail interface. Use iPhone OS 3.0's in-app e-mail feature to send your moves. Within Apple's Mail app, simply tap on your opponent's move to launch Patzer.
    * Configurable hints system. Stuck in a tough position? Consult the c.y.an ("Light Blue") chess engine, and ask for a hint. Use c.y.an to look for that killer move, or check for traps your opponent might have set. But use your hints wisely because you only get a limited number per game. Handicap one player by giving their opponent more hints.
    * Archiving. Save completed games into your Game Collection for later playback. Learn from your past mistakes, or savor that great win against your rival opponent.
    * Sharing. Show off your best games with friends via e-mail. (They must also have Patzer installed to playback the game.)
    * Playback. Play back your current games in progress or games from your Game Collection move-by-move.
    * Human vs. Human local game mode. Got some time to kill? Play against a friend on the same device.
    * Human vs. A.I gameplay. Can't find someone to against in the spur of the moment? Match your skills against c.y.an. The strength of the A.I. can be adjusted to always provide a challenging game.
    - No interference with iPod audio
    for mahjong
    WordJong
    by Gameblend Studios
    features
    - Unlimited Play: Each day brings the fresh challenge of a new, unique puzzle! Completed today’s puzzle? Pick a previous day on the calendar to play or replay any of the hundreds of other puzzles available!
    - Zodiac Characters: Try to beat the scores of the WordJong Masters! Each of the seven characters has his or her own personality and play style, representing a different difficulty level ranging from easy (the Rabbit) to hard (the Dragon).
    - High Score Tracking: Compare your daily high scores with friends and family!
    - Awards: Complete 9 challenges to earn a beautiful butterfly collection!
  3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My fav. Mahjong game is this one. Only complaint is that the playing pieces are a bit on the small side, still a fun game though.

Mahjongg Artifacts 2

Please Register or Log in to view images

I haven't played many Solitaire games, but so far this one is my fav.

Platinum Solitaire

Don't have any suggestions for the other things you mentioned, some good word games though.

Bookworm
    WordFu

Wonderful time wasters:

Drop7
    DropSum
    Huebris
    Vexed
    BlueBlock
  4. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good word games are Scrabble, Word Warp (love this one - the lite version is free and just has ads coming up occasionally). Other decent ones are WordSquares & Wordsmith.