What are some good Apps for School

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by joeya2001, Jul 12, 2010.

1. joeya2001

joeya2001 New Member

I think this might be a helpful thread for many others.

I just got my ipod touch a few months ago and i was wondering if anyone knew any good apps to hepl for school?

Like good calculators apps

Things for english, history exc..

I dont know if there is a thread for this or not.

Thank you for your suggestions and views!!
  2. Armerad

Armerad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTranslate, Oxford Dictionary, Google

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. frisbeefanatic

frisbeefanatic New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    angry birds lol

or
    ilevel
    equation
    evernote
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

ihomework. I've been using that app as my assignment notebook for two years and I love it. its got good organization of both classes and assignment type plus you can enter your schedule in (on a per-day basis) so you never forget your class times.
  5. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have been using my iPod as a study aid since I first got it and thus have quite a few apps that I have downloaded onto it that I feel have definitely helped me with university throughout the past year. Here is a list of which ones I found most useful and I feel you should maybe take a look at:
    • Docs - Docs is a free app off cydia that can be used to open text documents of varying formats. It was very useful as lecture notes provided by lecturers were a jumble of pdfs and powerpoint notes and Docs was able to handle both formats. Plus I saved quite a bit of money from not having to print out the notes for each class. (Free)

• iStudiez Pro - It is a great app for recording assignments, your timetable and reminders of what you need to take to each class. There is a free version available but I feel that what this app offers is worth the price. (£1.79)

• Convert - The Unit Calculator - I found this very useful in my course as some problems in textbooks were in Imperial Units and I need to convert them to metric to help me learn certain formulas and stuff. It is very easy to use and has a great User Interface. (£0.59)

• EleMints - A great Perodic Table application with a lot of information for each element and probably my favourite feature is the Formula tool which gives you the g/mol for any molecule you type in. (£2.99)

• Wordbook - A fairly standard dictionary application. It includes a thesaurus and supports bookmarks so you can have the definition of new words at hand quickly. (£1.19)

• Cram - In my course we had fortnightly Multiple Choice Quizzes and with this application I was easily able to make flash cards for the tests that I could practice with on the bus or train without the need to carry around any extra stuff. Flashcards can also be uploaded to the site so you can share them with class mates, which I did with my group of friends and it proved very useful for us all.(£2.99)

• Wikipanion - It is probably my favourite wikipedia app and every student should have at least one wikipedia app. (Free)

Although there may be apps out there that perform these tasks better, I personally feel these apps represent £10 well spent and cover all the needs of most students.