What am I doing wrong with Photos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gurn Blanston, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Gurn Blanston

Gurn Blanston New Member

I read the manual, and I tried several search strings, but I can't find an answer.

I have my photos organized in Photoshop Elements 4. I tried syncing to specific albums, but I get a message saying that I don't have write permissions to those albums. I'm the only one who uses my computer, and I've never set up any kind of permissions. I'm using Windows XP.

I successfully synced to ALL (5,000) of my photos, but they're in the Touch with NO organization. I have to scroll endlessly to find anything in particular.

How do I set up albums similar to what I have in Elements?
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try reading the online manual for the iPod, its somewhere on apple.com
  3. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

He said he read the manual.

I think the easiest way to create managable albums on the PC for the touch is to create yourself a folder in My Documents, say "iPod Photos" then inside that folder have more folders with album names say "Homecoming" for example. Stick the photos in these folders.

Then in iTunes you say to sync photos from these folders. It should identify each folders as an album. It's a bit round the houses but should work for what you want.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I believe they are organized in alphabetical order based on file name, so just rename your files and voila.
  5. Gurn Blanston

Gurn Blanston New Member

Thanks for the help thomashayes. And I did read the online manual thoroughly, and I did search before I posted.
  6. kevio

kevio New Member

I just have folders for certain topics. Portfolio, Family, etc. Then when it my Pod syncs with my PC they show up the same on both. Except the Pod resizes and adds crappy artifacting. But that's another story.

Please Register or Log in to view images