what affects USB transfer?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Tman47, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay so i restored my iphone a couple of days ago and just now i am transferring my music, i just looked at a couple threads, and i click back into itunes and WOAH its at 275 after about 5 minutes,

now i know for a fact that i dont have usb 2.0 on this laptop, nor on my desktop that i used to have my music on, and that computer was alot slower at transferring music, the specs of the two computers are about the same,

so like, what affects the rate of transferring data over usb? since its a hardware thing i dont believe that it has to do with either computer running faster or slower, but what is it? could it have something to do with this computer being a laptop and the other a desktop? maybe the 2.0 update since i really havent had to transfer much data since i updated? also is there like different levels of usb transfer? like ik theres 1.1 and 2.0 but is there something between there?
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    2.0 is faster than 1.1
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah ik, but i dont have 2.0, and i mean 2.0 update as the ipod 2.0 update.
  4. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

On your Desktop put the usb plugin from your iphone and put it in the back ports of the desktop, It's supposed to be 25% faster than ports in the front.