What about the A4's clock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IceRayn, Jun 8, 2010.

1. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    We all know by now that the new iPhone has an A4, but will it be clocked at 1Ghz like the iPad, or will Apple underclock it for cooling and battery life?

Thanks,
    IceRayn
  2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well we don't know, but probably 1GHz :>
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's either 1GHz or 1.2 GHz.
  4. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Its neither I believe, the iPhone 4 won't be clocked higher or at the same clock as the iPad. They need to squeeze as much battery life as possible. 960 by 640 (forgot the res) is not that far off from 1024 by 768, considering the ipad is pretty much 85% battery, its safe to assume that to achieve such good battery life the thing must be clocked anywhere between 700 to 800 mhz.
  5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    theres already phones that runs 1GHz (Nexus One is prime example) and what most eats battery in LCD is not pixel resolution, it's lamps behind it (Reminder: LCD matrix is not glowing, it needs backlight), since size of the screen not changed it should be no issue ;]
  6. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  7. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    based on chickens link it is 1ghz ore 1.2ghz
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i thought about this too
    I hope it is clocked at 1GZ like the ipad or higher not some under-clocked bs to 800mhz
  9. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    That fact that he doesn't even know whether its one or the other makes his claim dodgy to me, no matter who he is.

Anyways if you guys do a quick google, you'll find that the A4 chip is a higher clocked iPhone 3GS processor. I know we already have phones at 1GHz but they need to be that high to run their resolutions since they don't have dedicated graphics processors in their chips.

Either way 1GHz on an iPhone would be a wet dream for me, but the fact of the matter is, if they do clock it at 1GHz, where does that leave us iPad owners? What advantages to we have other than screen size and well...screen size? I believe apple will not shoot themselves in the foot like that but thats just my opinion, we'll just have to wait and see

Please Register or Log in to view images

Either way, I am still getting the iPhone 4, is a sexy piece of hardware that any i-Device lover should have

Please Register or Log in to view images