What about Mac users?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by thespaz, Mar 11, 2008.

1. thespaz

thespaz New Member

I've got a Mac and I've looked everywhere for a Mac compatible solution to jailbreak my 16GB iPod touch and I could find NOTHING. Why are we being left out? Why can't someone with a Mac help us out? I'm not good at hacking but, I am very good at reading directions and following tutorials. Please, somebody help us! For the good of all Mac users with iPod touches... I've been waiting months to jailbreak my iPod touch (month and a half actually) and it sucks.
  2. suicidefury

suicidefury New Member

JB to 1.1.2 and use the 1.1.2 -> 1.1.4 Jb from ipodtouchmaster
  3. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apparently we can go $&@*X! ourselves because I have posted Mac related questions in at least half a dozen threads and none of them has been answered.

There is a similar thread here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47028

There are apparently existing methods but none that come with full instructions. It needs to be a real jailbreak and not a soft upgrade. It needs to include information on what needs to be patched afterwards as well. And ideally, it should be based on Touch firmware and not some solution for an iPhone which sort of kind of works on an iPod as well.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

I have a mac and I hate that almost everything is made only for windows. The only full jailbreak for mac that I know is iJailbreak but its only for iPhones.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I am a Mac user and had to do my 16gb on a pc but was able to do my 8gb on my mac. The way mac runs the processes does not make it a viable option for use on the mac. I have done many softupgrades to 1.1.3 on my mac and honestly there isn't a bit of idfference. If you don't like that option I would just wait a few months until 2.0 is released.
  6. heavyms

heavyms New Member

SILENCE YOU GOT THE NATIVE SDK!!!

Atleast you can pirate xp and dual boot... we on the other hand needs to drop 600$ on a mac mini to get the SDK running......
  7. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Who the hell needs a software developer's kit? Everyone here has an iPod and maybe 25% of us are Mac users. But I'm sure that no more than 1 in 200 is a professional programmer. What for instance are you planning to use the SDK for?

The point of the thread is jailbreak for Mac users. Which isn't all that easy. Ironic really since I think the first jailbreak was originally only possible on a Mac.
  8. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im confused...im a mac users (mac rocks)...im confused about ur question...i use ziphone and pwnage tool and those work fine for ipod touchs and iphones, so im confused to wat u need.
    ????????
  9. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm on my iPod at my school and found an auto jailbreakk for mac
    just search
    not sure how good it is becuase I'm on my iPod
  10. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)