What about cases? Will they interfere with volume buttons, speaker?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamgalas, Sep 9, 2008.

1. adamgalas

adamgalas New Member

As an Ipod Touch Virgin, I am giddy with anticipation at getting one on Saturday. But I am wracked with terror at the idea of scratching the body or god forbid, the screen! I need a protective case so I can put it on prior to even turning the thing on! I can't take any chances with my precious but I am worried.

Will cases for the 2nd gen touch be out soon? Will they have holes for the volume controls on the sides? What about the speaker? Where is it? Will putting on a case like Speck Armor cover it and make the speaker useless?

Please my fellow touchphiles, put my mind at ease before I have an anneurism!
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have cases for the iPhone 3G.
    If these don't fit, I'll ebay them.. But I THINK 3G cases might fit the new iPod :\
  3. wingrunr21

wingrunr21 New Member

The screen is the same size so current screen protectors should fit/work fine. The ones they sell at the Apple store I have found to be quite good despite the fact they are expensive.
  4. thricepk

thricepk New Member

no worries new cases will defently come out just like the 3g i really hope the capsel rebel and neo make it to ipod touch
  5. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes yes yes
  6. TonyThriller

TonyThriller New Member

If 3G cases work, without a doubt get the Griffin Elan Leather iPhone 3G Case. It's black leather on the back and nice hard plastic I think. Everything is black, comes in three pieces, the top half of the case, bottom and a plastic screen protector. It is clear but not sticky, it stays in place because the two case pieces keep it in one spot. It's one of the best cases I ever had, and I've had a lot, Clear Cases, Jam Jackets, Etc. The Griffin Elan Leather case is nice to look at, nice and comfortable to handle, and most importantly, protective.
  7. XTerryX

XTerryX New Member

There is a pre order for the invisible shield for ipod touch 2g, I am thinking of getting that but i dont know yet.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You'd think they'd create new cases for the new iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. adamgalas

adamgalas New Member

What about the volume controls? Does the Iphone 3G have volume controls? If not then the covers will cover the volume controls.