What a Mess!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipaws, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ipaws

ipaws New Member

I've ordered an iPod Touch a couple days ago. I've been using a friends iPod Touch for the last 24 hours, just to get the feel of it.

He had a few cool apps and I love that weather feature since I travel a lot. He said these things *should* come with my new iPod, but I'm not sure. He said his iPod was on 1.1.1 and he updated or something and had to pay a fee, but I don't know why would you buy a new product only to have to updated right after you open that box?

What's going on? Will my ipod include the weather thing? I really don't feel comfortable having to mess around with a brand new ipod just out of the box.
  2. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

it depends when and where you purchased your ipod touch. I noticed only Apple Store carried the new ipod touch with the January Software Upgrade the day after it was announced. I still noticed Amazon hasn't gotten their hands on the new ones yet.

I purchased my ipod touch couple days before they announced the new January Software Upgrade. However I bought it for $275 (or $260 if they give my $16 back) and if I want to pay $20 for the new apps, I would still come under $300. All in all, if you bought your ipod touch W/O the new apps for $300, then you got ripped.
  3. ipaws

ipaws New Member

Thanks for the info!