well this may be the end.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by UnFrIeNdLyZeBrA, May 15, 2008.

1. UnFrIeNdLyZeBrA

UnFrIeNdLyZeBrA New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i just recently had to restore my ipod (installer would not stop crashing)

and i thought to myself. hey! why not try winpwn instead of ziphone just to see if it truly is better.

so i go get the tut and how to do everything.. i start pwning it and it says it's finished and so i go to the next step.

well it obviously was NOT finish and now my ipod will not turn on at ALL.

i tried going to best buy but they could not do anything because there was no service plan.

(i won it at a contest)

and so now i'm stumped. i'm considering sending it to apple... but i don't want them to charge me for anything if there is a file from winpwn on there and they say i voided the warranty so we can't give you a new one. please pay 10$ to apple blah blah blah.

so any suggestions on what i should do? oh and the nearest apple store is about 45 minutes away so that's pretty much a last resort..

(sorry if this is in the wrong section i couldn't find anywhere else to put it)
  2. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have you tried putting it into recovery mode?
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    take it into an apple store...the 45 mins trip is worth it...just say you were listening to music and your ipod felt really hot...and then it just turned off...they will DEFINITELY give you a new one on the spot
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ok heres the story i used to get a new ipod

"yeh i was plugging in my ipod and it said there was an update for 1.1.4, so i clicked restore to download it and then went downstairs, when i came back up the ipods screen was black and the back was realy hot" ... then they say, oh no it couldnt have been the firmware, must be a hardware error, then they get out some little magnifying glass and make sure its not done by water damage, then they charge it for 10 minutes to see if the batterys dead. Then they give you a new one.
  5. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Yeah, drkassassin has it pretty much mark-on, I've seen it before, they won't even check your "broken" touch, they'll just check when you bought it (via their computer network) then scrap it and get you a new one on the spot.

P.S. stay away from WinPwn beta, it's really risky; in my opinion, custom firmware and some silly boot logo aren't worth the risk (for now anyway)
  6. UnFrIeNdLyZeBrA

UnFrIeNdLyZeBrA New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    alright thanks guys. i'll see if i can make a trip this weekend....

and bro it won't connect to itunes and it won't turn on.

how could i put it in recovery mode?

thanks for all the help guys. REALLY appreciate it.

and is the custom firmware thing and boot logo all it changes? :\
  7. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yup pretty much
    i feel more stability on it as well
  8. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just said that my iPod turned white hot and that I think it had a battery issue.

They replaced it right there, without any further questions.

Anything hardware related, they will replace. Software related...not a chance (In some cases)
  9. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

its fine just take it back to apple... same thing happened to mine..i called them and i sent it to them... I should be getting it back tomorrow... they haven't called me or anything stating that I messed it up..so im good so far
  10. crookedcurve

crookedcurve New Member

have you tried to put in into recovery by holding the buttons??