well i wanna kill myself

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hahn24, Nov 30, 2007.

1. hahn24

hahn24 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay not literally but i had to restore my ipod after allll the work i put into it. this is how it happened. i installed the new gpSPhone version 1.00 and i reset it and when i did it the apple logo came up then started flashing really fast and wouldnt load. so i turned it off then turned it back on and it was still flashing only this time it had lines going across it with red green and blue dots flashing....

Please Register or Log in to view images

now i have to do everyythinggg overrrr. what the french toast could of happend???
  2. Careless

Careless New Member

try to SFTP in. I've had that screen before

chances are you'll still be gettin wifi or something. see if you can SFTP in there and kill the gpSPhone.app in Applications.

g'luck!

( LOL @ What the French Toast )

3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

That sucks man. I don't know what could have happened. All I know is it isn't worth killing yourself over..

4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    similar problem, different source

I am having a similar problem, but mine seems to be from a screengrab application I installed. I started getting a significant slow down/lock up due to the overlay screengrab buttons. Now when I restart the apple flashes and either zx-spectrum'esue stripes appear or I also get thie interesting coluoured dot pattern you mentioned. If I leave it long enough it eventually boots in to the main apps window but as soon as I go to the screengrab app to try and turn off overlay buttons it locks up and I am forced to hard-reset it... I have tried using an ftp prog to delete the screengrab app but still seems to be there at bootup... probably some start-up setting has been modified to load screengrab at boot... how do I "kill apps" or does anyone else have any great ideas to help me resolve w/o restoring the ipod.

p.s. agree, not worth killing yourself over - enjoy the challenge of fixing the problem and learning more about your itouch

5. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, I've had to force restore my Ipod twice and start all over again, each time I've learned a little more about my Ipod; be positive