weird...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by berky93, May 20, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

so I'm walking home from school and listening to music - I get really close to my house when all of a sudden my music dims for a second and I hear "ping"

so I check my ipod, and my wifi has turned itself on and connected to my home network. how is that even possible? I mean if the wifi hardware is off how did it know there was a network?

also I don't want my wifi turning on with every available network, how to fix that?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You must have had it set to on. It can't just turn itself on, i don't think...

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

On the Wifi section, it says that

So you may be able to go to each network connected and choose to "Forget Network" or you can reset your network settings. That is all I know of, but maybe someone else has some other ideas.
  4. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

I get that ping when I listen to one of my songs... listen to the same song u were listening to when you heared the ping. in my case it always happens because the music file is screwed up. if you get the same ping its probabally the music file that's screwwed up and u just forgot your wifi was on. if not then I have no other ideas.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nah, the dim/ ping is caused by it downloading an email.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Turn off autocheck for emails and automiatically join known networks, and turn off wifi. This saves big time battery, and the error might not happen again.

Just a suggestion, did it reconnect an SSH link from before?