Weird Type of Endless Reboot...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eckin, Jul 21, 2009.

1. eckin

eckin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    First off, thanks for anyone who helps me with this problemo. I really appreciate it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Heres the story: Today i decided to upgrade my ipod touch 2g to firmware 3.0 (used leaked firmware instead of paying for it) and after many attemps of restoring with the new firmware i finally had a success!! After upgrading i synced and was all good. Did my research, and jailbroke it with redsn0w 0.7.2 (i think lol) and that worked as well. Everything was going perfect because i was downloading things in cydia and getting all my apps together. My ipod froze and i was forced to do a reboot; which gave me my problem. My problem is that it starts to reboot as always (white apple appears), however then the loading circle appears just BELOW the white apple and starts to do its thing (rotate or whatever lol). It eventually stops and then very quickly the entire screen flashes white and the whole thing repeats. I have done this process two times now so its not just a one time glitch..

Again, to anyone who helps i really appreciate it. Thanks in advance freinds!

FYI: I dont know if you need to know this but in order to restore i have to put it into dfu mode, restore it once (getting it white screened and an error 1601, and then restore again) and this makes me avoid the 1604 error. THANKS!
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First off, you DO NOT PIRATE FIRMWARE. This is ILLEGAL.

Second of all, put it in DFU and restore to a firmware that you paid for/one itunes provided.