Weird TV-out cable problem

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by strata8, Oct 1, 2009.

1. strata8

strata8 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently got myself a TV-out cable, and it works flawlessly with my iPod Nano, but I'm having some weird problems with my iPod Touch while I'm using it. I plug it in and start up a video, and everything seems to be working fine (video and audio playing fine, etc). Then, about 10 seconds into the video, the video stops, and a message comes up that says, "This accessory is not supported by the iPod".

I'm not sure what's causing it, and I'm confused about why it would tell me it doesn't work, when it was working only a second ago. After the error message pops up, the cable stops working until I restart the iPod, almost like it's been 'disabled' or something.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help here?
  2. davidinsarasota

davidinsarasota New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apparently you can only use the Apple cable. I got these reveiws from the Amazon site.

The title of this product is misleading. This does not work with the latest firmware from Apple for the IPod Touch. You need an "authentic", Apple approved, cable that has a chip to identify it as such. This cable will not work. Of course the seller does not just come out and say that here...the title clearly states it will work with the Touch, but beware...it doesn't

If your Iphone has the firmware 2.1 or above this cable will have video out for only 15 seconds. This product is no longer listed in the manufaturer webpage though it is still on sale in many countries. Don't waste your time and money, it does not work with your iphone.
  3. tritran18518

tritran18518 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch