Weird thing iphone apps there..not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by abacus6969, Oct 12, 2007.

1. abacus6969

abacus6969 New Member

I have all the apps showing up now on the touch..I can click on each one and they open in a window. But for instance if I open up notes and I try to click on the + in the upper right corner it doesnt do a thing...same for maps ect..I never ran the installer...just copied over all the files to the right directories...did I do something wrong?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Did you install all the files? GMMFramework, MobileMailSettings.bundle, etc?

Also, did you remember to set the permission of EVERY single little file and folder that you put on?

(I think it's most likely the second one, but it wouldn't hurt to try both, as they're both required to work right and commonly forgotten)
  3. abacus6969

abacus6969 New Member

No I didnt install GMMFRAMEWORK Or that other one..where are the instructions and files for that...they arent in my 1.1.1 iphone filesystem?
  4. eco21

eco21 New Member

search through the other threads - its an easy mistake to make, but you just have to ensure you do it slowly

download the whole thing which will have the two missing files from here

http://ipoddtouch.googlepages.com/Apps.rar

then as blue43fan wrote

It will give you access to the file system. Copy all of the apps as explained in the first post. After that, MAKE SURE you change the permissions to 755 by selecting EVERY folder, sub-folder and file of everything you added, right click, go to "Properties," (the bottom selection) and change all permissions to 755. Reboot

Here is a huge thread on it - if stuck read through this http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659&page=1 it is much quicker than waiting on a single answer - you will find it yourself in half the time
  5. pchuownsu

pchuownsu New Member

how do u change the permissions?
  6. eco21

eco21 New Member

you need to use the ssh and type
    /bin/chmod 755 'the directory you want to change permissions off'/

that means you have chnaged the folders permissions but you also need to chnage the files inside so this by adding an * at the end

/bin/chmod 755 'the directory you want to change permissions off'/*