Weird Thing Happened to my iPhone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayXL14, Oct 28, 2009.

1. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

When I was walking to the gym I had about 80% battery and I was listening to music using Pandora. I went into the locker room to change and when I left (10 mins later), my iPhone wouldn't turn on or anything. Though it was a stretch, I thought I might have put it into DFU by accident, so I tried the combination to get it out. It didn't.

I went home later and plugged my iPhone into a wall charger, and voila. HOWEVER, it begins to charge. I was very worried as I had 80%... I look after about 10 minutes, and I see that my iPhone has loaded and that it read 78%.

So far, so good, but I'm just wondering why/how did this happen? Obviously this isn't normal (I've had my iPhone for a good 3 months), but is it something to worry obsessively about? Thanks, let me know about anything!

By the way, it's a 16GB iPhone 3G.
  2. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What version of the firmware do u have as the some of the old ones have that thing where it doesnt wake up from sleep.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    He was on 3.1.1, I had the same issue as well as a lot of other people but for some reason it was only that firmware that had that issue.
  4. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This happened to me. I went out on Halloween. My ipod had 98. I put it in a case before I left. An hour later it was off I couldn't turn it on. I was on jailbrokEn 3.1 and I went home and plugged it in and it turned on and still said 98. I upgraded to 3.1.2 since then.
  5. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, this happened to me last Thursday, I freaked out, I think it's the not waking from sleep problem, so I'm upgrading to 3.1.2 now :/
  6. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have had this on my iPod touch 2G, produced in week 42/2008, since 2.2, around 10 times a week or more.
    Even had it when it wasn't jailbroken, though when jailbroken I experience it more.
    I've had it so many times it feels normal to me now.
    I think it's because of some memory issue. For example, keep a quite heavy app open, say, Need for Speed Undercover. Pause it, lock it. Two minutes later, and you'll find it not unlocking. If I don't lock it, it will unlock.

Forgot to mention, I still experience it, even on 3.1.2.