Weird Squeeking Noise?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elykl33t, Dec 10, 2008.

1. elykl33t

elykl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently, my ipod touch went through the washing machine (yes i know, stupid, i took of my jeans to change and forgot they were in there and did the wash later that day). There is no visible evidence of wetness from the outside (though i know that wont tell me much). However, if i hook it up to my computer, my computer recognizes something there, but it cannot identify it as an ipod. Also, the ipod makes a strange kind of squeeking-whistling noise as it, seemingly, tries to bot, but the screen also did not light up.
    In the past, i had an ipod touch with a cracked screen go through and it worked fine. Does anyone know what i should try and do? for now im just letting it dry out, and im considering the idea of placing it in a bowl of dry rice to suck the moisture out, but does anyone else have any ideas? thanks!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well you cant do much more than wait
    and the rice bowl seems like a good idea too but dont take it to apple because you wont get it replaced so youll have to wait this one out
  3. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

Cotton wool bud (A.K.A Q-tip in america) + Alchohol + Headphone jack/hole = get's rid of red water sensor = Get replacement from apple.
  4. elykl33t

elykl33t New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yah well im aware that under my current circumstances, i wont get a replacement from apple, and i might attempt to clear the evidence of water damage, but honestly i think if it doesnt work soon i might just go into it and see if its fixable