Weird...Spinning wheel and restarting while syncing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noogums, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I When i sync my ipod it gets a spinning wheel and then reboots itself, but while this is all happening it still syncs. But sometimes not all the way. It says attempting to copy the disk "ipod" failed. this device is not connected. And it also says that its corrupted or something after that, but im still able to sync and stuff through itunes. I havent tried syncing just songs yet, only syncing apps and songs.

Has any one else had this problem? How can i fix it?
  2. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, I have noticed that as well. It only happens when syncing jailbroken apps I think. It does the little spiny thing and restarts once or twice, but yet iTunes keeps on trying to sync. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 trys, but I haven't had too much of a problem with it so I have never asked. Glad you bought this up though.0
  3. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all with mine though. it seems to happen more when im doing something else while syncing. Im gonna try syncing and just have itunes open. No internet or anything else and see what it does.

Otherwise i dont know why its happening

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Jailbroken apps

I think we all know what you mean

Since when did you ever need to sync jailbroken apps, cydia downloads them strait to your ipod. If you BOUGHT your apps you would not have that problem. Don't mess with mobileinstallation file unless you want that to happen.
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Happened a few times to me on my 1G. Just syncing PAID apps that I bought cause it to respring nearly five times.
  6. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So it happens on paid apps too? Not just ones that are magically acquired for free?

(if you know what i mean)
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

It was after I jailbroke my device. I was syncing over all the apps I had in my iTunes Library, including some big ones, like BIA, Payback, 3 X-Plane's, etc. During the sync, it resprang at least three times. I did somewhat sort of freak, and think that it's broken or something.

I do know what you mean, and it's not something to talk about. I can send you my purchase history as proof I don't do that.
  8. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah man lol i dont care what you do. And i know its not something to talk about but i just wanted to know if that could cause it.

Anyways, it stopped happening for me actually. I'm sure it will happen again but so far after posting this it hasnt happened.
  9. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Yea. If it ever happens again, well, it might just be some jailbroken thing that interferes.