::..Weird Situation..::

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Ukyumeji, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Ukyumeji

Ukyumeji New Member

Hello everyone,

something weird has just happened,
    i had the 1.1.4 jailbreaked version and everything was working well so i decided to install the iphone 1.1.4 full appz & the 1.1.4 patch to use summerboard, the when i realize that everything was working well, i checked the firmware version & it was 1.1.3!!!! it was no 1.1.4 anymore!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

What the H***?? someone knows what happened here???

also, Customize is not working...
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The Compatibility Patch changes the systemversion.plist so it thinks it's on 1.1.3 so Customize and a few other apps will install. When you uninstall it, it will change back.
  3. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah maybe you downloaded that thing that makes installer and itunes think its 1.1.3, its located under Tweaks 1.1.4.
  4. Ukyumeji

Ukyumeji New Member

So if i unistall the patch, my summerboard wil be working ok???? and get back to 1.1.4????

also, i cannot open Customize, it opens only the screen with the chicken & it closes again...

5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Yeah, once you uninstall the fix, it will going back to displaying 1.1.4. Either way, you are still on 1.1.4, the fix just fools your ipod into thinking it's on the earlier firmware so the apps will run.

For customize, for some reason, if right after you open it, you tap like crazy on the screen when its loading, it will run. it may take a couple of tries. Once you get it open once, you won't have to do that again.

If that doesn't work you may need to change permissions. Try the first step and see if that works, and if not, finding how to change the permission is a quick search away.
  6. Ukyumeji

Ukyumeji New Member

What are the files that are needed to change persmissions? all of them?
  7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member