Weird screen problem with Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fallguy, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fallguy

fallguy New Member

Hi everyone. I have searched through this forum, and couldn't find this problem. My apologies if this has been covered already.

I've had my 2G Touch for 2 weeks and love it. I've babied it, and put a protective case on it immediately. It has not been dropped or mishandled in any way. I synced it one morning, did some web browsing and RSS reading, and everything was ok. I turned it off, made some calls for work, then turned it back on 2 hours later, no syncing in between. When I turned it on again, the screen had 'streaks' of light across it. These lines or streaks of light are on every screen, from video to springboard, to everything in between. I have tried to reset the Touch, but they are still there. I am attaching a picture of the screen which shows my problem.

Has anyone seen this before, and what do you think it is? Is there any cure?

Thanks for your help!

Matt

Attached Files:

2. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. fallguy

fallguy New Member

Not a dead pixel problem

Thanks! It doesn't look like it's a dead pixel problem though. These bright lines always align with text on the screen, and will scroll with the text.

For example, if you look at that picture of the screen I took with the MLB logo, if I scrolled the MLB logo to the left, those vertical lines would scroll with the logo.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

Thanks!

Matt