weird screen problem - fonts look weird

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dogman, Dec 23, 2007.

1. dogman

dogman New Member

hello,

Apple just replaced my Touch on warranty after the input jack went bad and i was only getting sound out of the left channel. anyway, that story is in another thread.

so i got my brand new one, and i may be going crazy, but the screen seems weird. fonts don't look as sharp in the menus and my still photos look a little grainy. has anyone experienced this? i wish a had another one handy to compare side by side.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    mmmmm ...weird..
    exchange it back..
    compare it to a screenshot of another ipod, ex: "upload your summerboard themes" thread has alot of screenshots..
    I'll go back and get it replaced...
  3. dogman

dogman New Member

would someone be so kind as to post a print screen of their settings menu ? this could all be in my head, but could there be a refresh rate problem? there's just something "off." i mean, i had my touch for 3 months before it was replaced and something just looks "different" i feel like i'm getting a headache when i look at the screen.
  4. dogman

dogman New Member

ok i've had my replacement unit for a few days. there is definitely something wrong with the screen. its hard to explain, its sort of a slight flicker, almost like a normal monitor set with the wrong refresh rate. its driving me crazy.

my concern is this - i plan to go back to the apple store (yes, wait and set up another genius appointment) and i'm worried that explaining this screen problem is going to be a hard sell. i fear that the average joe looking at the screen will see nothing wrong. now, i've had a touch for three months prior to it going bad, and i KNOW something is wrong.

has anyone experienced something like this, and what should i do if the "genius" tells me he finds nothing wrong with the unit ?

thanks.