Weird QuickFreedom question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheDudeAbides36, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TheDudeAbides36

TheDudeAbides36 New Member

Ok, I did a jailbreak yesterday and everything ran smoothly. I'm trying to do the same thing again because I had to exchange that ipod back to the store.

Now when I run Quickfreedom it usually stops at 86% and doesn't do anything. My problem really isn't trying to get quickfreedom working again, because i can get a custom firmware somewhere else. My real problem is that quickfreedom has used up over 800mb of my hard drive and I don't know how to get it back.

I only started with a 1gb on my C drive. When QF ran it quickly drained that, and when I cancel it I don't get the memory back. I've tried clearing temp folders and everything. Where has the memory gone? Where are the files I need to delete? There's nothing on the desktop since it didn't finish, and I've uninstalled QF.
  2. nahtanoj

nahtanoj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you running Windows?
  3. TheDudeAbides36

Yes, Windows XP.
  4. Pyroball

Pyroball New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try deleting the QuickFreedom program folders. It should be in C:\Program Files\QuickFreedom
  5. TheDudeAbides36

Yeah, I've tried that. The second time I installed it I even put QF on a different partition, but it still used the memory on my C drive.
  6. nahtanoj

nahtanoj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    go to control panel add remove progrrams and totally uninstall QF then re install launch it and try again.
  7. TheDudeAbides36

I've used control panel once, and ccleaner the second time to remove QF. The problem is that each time I run QF, and it freezes, I'm left with less space than before. Now I'm down to 200mb.