Weird Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by timach, Jan 5, 2008.

1. timach

timach New Member

I got a simple question...So if jail breaking your Ipod Touch breaks the warrenty, why when I went to Future Shop today...I look at their Ipod Touch display and they got installer.app ... mines already jailbroken but if Future Shop can do it why can't I? I got my Ipod Touch from there now I don't got a warrenty and they can do it..strange...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. slovig

slovig New Member

So wait, you bought one and it already had installer.app? Or theirs on display have installer.app. If you bought one with it, I'd return it and get a new one without it, so that you do have a warrenty. Because with one that is jailbroken, all you have to do is restore it through iTunes and it's back to normal, so you can use the warrenty.
  3. timach

timach New Member

no no...I went to future shop today and they had their display one with it jail broken...i baught mine from there with out it jail broken i was just like wtf..if they can do it , so should i but i should get a warrenty it got me confuzzled
  4. vbsoccerdude94

vbsoccerdude94 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it's a hands-on display (you can mess around w/ it.) Then someone probably jailbroke it by themselves that heard about jailbreaking. Chances are it was some bored 11 year old that happened to walk by. So, the shop didn't do it. Someone that was shopping did it. Your warrantie's fine =)
  5. ipodking

ipodking Banned

LOL, man I know the futureshop at my house did it too, so I did a little researching I work at the source and my buddy works at Futureshop. I asked him why is the iPod Touch display already jailbroken. He says all the futureshops do it. It's not a little kid, and They do it for Advertisement. So it looks like there is more stuff originally you can do on the ipod. So thatg when people try the display. Theyh think oh cool look at all the stuff this thing can do. It's Advertisement guys.
  6. ES01

ES01 New Member

its prob because there free to use in stores like apple. there on display and not closely monitored. obviously for example a store like apple has a wifi network so ppl just probably go on jailbreakme.com and mess with the ones on display. if there 1.1.1