Weird problem with my ipod idk where to ask.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ReZyLo, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ReZyLo

ReZyLo New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright so I have the 2.2.1 custom firmware i think on my 2nd gen ipod touch. I have not upgraded it to 3.0 because I am just too lazy to redownload all my songs and videos. I lost my backup long time ago ect.

Anyways today for some random reason my ipod keeps clicking on the screen itself idk whats wrong with it can it be the ipod broken or maybe just reinstalling it will fix it.

Like when I am on safari it automatically clicks links. If I watch a video it keeps click on the screen and it shows the puase foward//backward interface then it clicks somewhere else and it is gone. This happens like every 1-2 seconds.

If you cannot understand this I will try to write it in a way people can understand. (Wanna know if this is the ipod itself or if it can be repaired by reinstalling to 3.0 firmware.)

Edit: btw its jailbroken think i posted in wrong forum idk.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Firstly, as long as the songs and videos are on your computer you can just resync.

If you dont then you can download programs that put the music from your ipod into your computer. Or use SSH to the music directory and copy it over to your pc if you dont want to pay.

Then update to 3.2.1 and use blackra1n.

But with your current problem it is very strange and ive never seen it before unless there is something wrong with your touch sensors and a hardware error. I would backup and restore and see if it changes. If it dosnt then its a hardware error and you need to take it back to apple for a replacement.
  3. ReZyLo

ReZyLo New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    after a day of leaving my ipod off it seems to work properly now. Also everything my music//videos//games were deleted from my comp and I have though about backing everything up with SSH but I heard it takes a long time my ipod is 8gb and i want to backup everything how long would that take. Really wanna upgrade to 3.x.x because most games require it to play em.