weird predicament

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azntallie101, Sep 11, 2010.

1. azntallie101

azntallie101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's the story:

Recently my iPod Touch (2G) was stuck on a boot loop, putting it in DFU mode and Recovery Mode didn't work it would still constantly boot. So I decided to leave it for a week and let the battery die. After that I plugged it in and held the home button, to try and get it into recovery mode, and it didn't work. I tried holding power button and home button and every variation of the combo to try and get it to work. Oddly enough the only one that actually worked was holding down BOTH power and home at the same time, which got it into recovery mode. Whats even weirder was that I had to constantly hold down the two buttons for the touch to even function. I held it through the restore and update (resulting in finger cramps). It restored fine and I set it up as a new iPod, however, right after I let go of the home and sleep button, it began to boot loop again. BUT the touch only seems to function when I'm holding down the sleep and home button, and I'm thinking to myself, wtf is going on?! As of this point I can't even get it into DFU mode (following the instructions of the Noob-Friendly different between DFU and recovery thread)

And so I turn to you forum, any idea whats going on? Has anyone experienced this? Are there any solutions? Any help would appreciated!
  2. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

This my friend, is one for the apple store.
  3. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's a good idea to take it to the apple store.
  4. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Make sure it is not jailbroken and take it to an Apple store.
  5. cypherpunk

cypherpunk New Member

Sounds like a shorted contact on one or both of the buttons. As others have said, you'll have to take it in for repair.