Weird Network Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guitarbball0092, Aug 9, 2008.

1. guitarbball0092

guitarbball0092 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Basically we have a Verizon router upstairs, and a router downstairs that "piggybacks" off the other one, basically it uses Verizon to send a signal. My computer works fine with the internet, but I can't say the same for my iPod. It won't work at all with Verizon. It'll connect, and I'll try to go to a page, and it'll say, this iPod isn't connected to the internet.

So I keep it on the downstairs router. But sometimes, it'll show it's connected, then when you try to load a page it either hangs, or get's kicked off the network. VERY ANNOYING! Someone smart please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

well its been like a day so I guess I'll see what I can do... do you have an ISP connected to a non-wifi router connected to the wifi router connected to your iPod and you have a shaky connection? well first make sure its not a signal problem. AKA stand next to router and see if you can still get the error. if you still get the error then try to access the wifi routers settings pages when the Internet goes down. reply with the connection where you find the error. weather itl be ISP-router, router-router, or router-iPod
  3. guitarbball0092

guitarbball0092 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I think it's router-iPod. But I'll check it soon. I'll edit this post when I figure out what error it is.

I know it's not a problem with the DNS, because when I enter the IP for google, it says the server stopped responding.

PLEASE, someone HELP! This is so frustrating!