Weird Near 1.1.3jb recovery mode meltdown - ScreenShot Evil?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by johnInSJ, Jan 31, 2008.

1. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, so my 1.1.3jb (Dev Team) was nice and stable, so I figured I would start screwing with it.

Changed out a bunch of icons, the dock icon, changed battery to show as a number... all good. But then, needed to reboot to see that nifty battery as number.

Backup... Also have installed BossPrefs, and ScreenShot (bossprefs lets you toggle screenshot on and off, and it actually works....)

Anway, on to the reboot. Oh hey, look, screenshot popped up when it rebooted.

OH HEY, WHEN I LAUNCH ANY APP THE SCREEN STOPS RESPONDING TO TOUCHES. OH HEY! WIFI IS OFF BY DEFAULT WHEN I BOOT. OH HEY I AM SCREWWWWWWED

Yep, so panic sets in. Trying to force-reset/poweroff, it goes into restore mode. Much sadness... Then I remember ibrickr... a glimmer of hope.

Sure enough, ibrickr can "see" my ipod touch! Shweeeet.
    Even better, it says it can reboot it out of recover mode... SCHWEEEEET... it does, and...
    iBricker lets me navigate to the /Applications/ScreenShot.app folder
    I delete the ScreenShotControl application file
    Reboot.... cross fingers... YES! ScreenShot is not loaded. Phew.

Uninstalled Screenshot. Lives Saved. Joy in Kingdom.

Anyway, its back up and I didn't need to redo the jailbreaks. Now, why the heck did ScreenShot start on reboot, and why did it lock up the screen like that?
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't know why screenshot does that. That happened to me on 1.1.2 when I rebooted and screenshot was liking men and it didn't let the screen respond. I was at my friends house and his computer had the window's BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (something happened to his computer's hard drive) Couldn't do anything to fix also I was a noob who didn't know about the Screenshot glitch so once i got home I restored because I was panicking ,because days before that I spilled coffee on my Touch and the screen went white, so I thought my screen died or something.
  3. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This happened to me. What in the feck is wrong with screenshot? This afternoon, I SSH'ed into my iPod to load my newest custom theme, I used turned on screenshot and pressed the home button. It then froze, with the loading icon in the middle! I thought it was bricked. I force restarted it and you know the apple sign that comes up when you turn it on, well it was blinking between that and my homescreen. I plugged it into iTunes and it worked fine after that. I am going to uninstall ScreenShot, it's so fecking gay...