WEIRD mic problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by shadowstepster, Jan 6, 2008.

1. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

So I bought the walmart mic and modded it. I used the led points because I have very little experience. The problem is, I hear myself through my headphones but the other person doesn't! Isn't that weird? What could I have done wrong? Can I unsolder it or not?

Thankies
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    uh... what do you mean by "I used the led points"?
  3. shadowstepster

shadowstepster Member

Earl from touchmods said the LED points could beused instead of c-watever.
  4. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

heres mine also check continuity between r24 and that trace goes to pin one on the ic right next to it but if you dont know were that is check from r24 to the led point or r24 and c16 make sure you didnt pull the pad on r24 because I did on the first one and it didnt work

Attached Files:

5. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

also follow these tips
  6. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

hey guys watch when you do this so you dont pull the pad on R24. the best way when you remove this resistor is to heat up both sides with a tweezer style solder iron.(I have them at work) So if you dont have one try to heat both sides at the same time while removing with tweezers or small pliers. Again careful not to lift the pad (The pad is a small square piece of metal glued to the ciruit board, that the resistor gets soldered to. They are very easy to lift and break off.) Take your time and remember not to leave the iron on the parts for more than two to three seconds no more. if you cant get it in that time wait a minute for it to cool and try again. The other thing about doing this was opening the case I started at the corner next to the plug and used a razer blade and pry alittle until it snaps open then do the other side of the plug. If you need to practice get a old circuit board(out of any electronics you can find will work, if your house is like mine I have a bunch of old cell phones lying around and if you dont have one you could ask a phone dealer they will give you a non working model most of the time) when your done I used some ar type coating to hold the wire down close to the board so it wouldn't have the chance of working loose. I guess if any of you want me to build you one I would do it for the price of the mic plus 10 dollars for my time (going to get it gas,shipping it ect) and you pay shipping I live in the us just leave me a message on here.
    hopes this helps.