weird laptop problem

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by bzzboydux, May 29, 2008.

1. bzzboydux

bzzboydux New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright, I feel like the biggest noob for having this problem, but here's my situation:

I just got a new dell xps last night and I love it. As soon as I turned it on I downloaded iTunes, which is running fine. I want to transfer my songs from my iPod to my new iTunes on the laptop. I know that you need to copy the music from your iPod to the desktop and then import that file to iTunes, but the problem I'm having is that when my ipod is connected to my computer it does not show up in the control pannel. It is connected to iTunes, and I can use iTunes fine but its almost like my computer won't recognize my iPod, but iTunes will. I know that I can FTP into it and transfer songs that way but if anyone could tell me what to do that would be even better.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The iPod touch does not have disk mode, and as of yet there is no way to enable it. You can use SSH to transfer the songs, or perhaps you could try a program like iphonebrowser that uses a USB connection.
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Another program that works excellently with the iPhone/iPod Touch is CopyTrans.
  4. bzzboydux

bzzboydux New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright thanks a lot. I'll try both. I would +rep but...ya