Weird Ipot problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jaydem, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jaydem

jaydem New Member

So I will try to post pictures as soon as i can find some batteries.

Basically what is happening is that every time i fully turn off my ipod and turn it back on. i get a pop up that says "Waiting for activation, this may take some time" then the dismiss button. So after i dismiss it and try to click on any application it freezes, PLUS i where the wi-fi connection is it says "No Service."

I have a feeling that i accidentally downloaded/installed Iphone firmware.
    (just a thought, probably not very logical, but a thought)

Through putty, i accessed my preferences and it shows "airplane mode", "usage", "sounds", "brightness", then under general the only thing thats different is that it has an Ipod button and preferences in it.

Any ideas would be great. I dont wanna restore it because i feel like playing around with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

O yea and under usage it means "Time since last full charge", "Call time", "EDGE Network Data"
  2. jord

jord New Member

yeah that sounds like you have a sever case of iphone syndrom... might want to restore...

Plug into itunes... then:
    Hold both buttons down until you see the red slider, keep holdering (don't slide)

It will shut off, and reboot... once you see the apple logo.. let go of the sleep button, but keep the home button pressed down.

Keep holding until you see the white cord, and itunes symbol

Your computer should see an ipod in restore mod and itunes will restore for you... you'll have to re jailbreak it, and all info will be lost... so back it up first
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

lol, dont do anything until you post pictures.
  4. jaydem

jaydem New Member

5. jaydem

jaydem New Member

well so turns out it was my N45AP.plist Not quite sure how that could effect the shell of the ipod. but now there is closure!

hah so i was in my customize app and it says my firmware is 1.0.2 instead of 1.1.1. does that matter at all?