Weird Ipod Touch Fault

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Langers, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Langers

Langers New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi

I'm after some help, I've got a 1st Gen Ipod Touch 8gb which has been dropped, it works fine at times but at other times the screen flickers and lmost looks scrambled before it then goes totally white, I can reset it and then it will come back on, sometimes it will only do it once or twice a day other times it drives me crazy and does it loads.

I've also noticed that it you squeeze the back cover toward the bottom where the 8gb sign is it comes back on too.

I've tried a full restore and jailbroke it again and its still made no difference.

Any Ideas or is it buggered?

Cheers
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd restore it and take it back to an apple store to get it looked at/replaced
  3. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its not a software error because you restored, so it must be a hardware problem. Take it to an Apple Store, if they ask if you've dropped it tell them you havn't because your warranty doesn't cover accidental damage.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Definitely hardware. No restore will help you. Because some component is damaged, it will only get worse over time. I suggest you restore and get it looked at by apple as soon as possible.
  5. Langers

Langers New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah well it's out of warranty and with the repair costs it will probably work out cheaper to invest in another one or maybe even an iphone eventually
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Probably. I'd wait until at least the end of June, because that's when Apple will hopefully announce a new iPhone and possibly a new iPod line. If not, they might announce the new iPods when they usually do, right in time for the holiday season in September.