Weird iPhone, REALLY bad luck, and a need of advice. I have cookies, please help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by monse, Jul 15, 2008.

1. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wrote all of this before, but it just erased itself.. so I am quite sure this is a bad day >.<

Anyway, long story short... the screen of my iphone won't react.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can't even unlock it!

I have tried everything I could think of, Reboot, iBrick, Restore, Jailbreak once again... and nothing. It still won't sense my finger moving along the screen, not matter how much I press. >.<

The iPhone belongs to my mom, who bought it second hand. When the iPhone arrived to our house, I made sure it was perfectly ok. It was already unlocked and jailbreaked, so my mom only inserted her SIM and was happy as could be. Life was beautiful.

And well... I kinda... uhm... let it slip, and it fell. BUT, there was only one mini bump, and everything was still working perfectly, so my mother was able to let me live. x.X

A couple of days went by, and suddenly my mom came to me with tears on her eyes. She was using the calculator, and suddenly noticed that the numbers where not working. She went to the springboard and realized that no matter what she did, the iPhone would not react to her touch.

I did the first thing that came to my mind: Hard reboot. Maybe it was a big mistake. Now I can't even unlock it

*sigh* Right now we are on vacaction at Bangkok, Thailand. My mom has the corpse of her would be iphone with her, and I have tried all of the things I have mentioned above daily... but still no answer.

Why did this happen? What can I do?

On our way back to Mexico, we will stay one day in New York, so I was considering the possibility of going there and begging for a new one. (You know, you hand in you f*cked up iPhone and they give you a new shining one)

However, we never did anything with AT & T... so I was wondering if I could receive a bit of advice on how to make my approach to go out of the store with a solution to this problems or (even better) a new iphone without getting the stink eye.

Please, help... I hate to see my mother so upset x.X

*takes out cookies*

Any ideas? This forum has never let me down with my problems... so please fellow members, I need your help!~*

=)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I will be checking for answers regularly and compromise myself to answer each one of you.

Good lucks are appreciated, too...

I think I might need them x.x
  2. korben dallas

korben dallas New Member

i think your screwed
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow, that is frickin strange. Are there any Apple Stores near you? If so, restore default Apple firmware and ask them for help.

I love the Fifth Element

One of my most favorite movies

4. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I am currently in Bangkok, so there is no Apple Store I have heard of... >.<

I currently have the iPhone restored and in firmware 1.1.4...

*sigh*

And yeah, I also think I am screwed

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it, you have no idea T.T
  5. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I, unfortunately, cannot give you any advice. But I feel for you, brudda. This is one of the saddest things I've ever read. I never wanna see my mama cry.

Have you tried that DFU mode thingy? I think you can find it in Ziphone
  6. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you for your reply...

DFU mode? Hmm... I HAVE used Ziphone, although I think I used it mainly to jailbreak and to unlock it over again after a restore.

Is DFU mode when I press the home and sleep button together for a long time? If so, I have tried that.... >.<

I made a friend of mine go to an "apple store" in Mexico to ask... and he told me that the guy at the store thought that everything could be solved if we replace the screen.

But since the shiny new 3G phone is around, pieces of the old one are hard to come by...

Any ideas about this? ^^
  7. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well guys, no replies for a long time, and I still have the same problem :S

Any other ideas?
  8. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Your thinking of restore mode, try DFU mode.

You can do it via ziphone.
  9. monse

monse Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

DFU mode.. can someone please be kind enough to explain to me what it means and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance

Oh, and I REALLY appreciate your advice ^^
  10. brisingr

brisingr New Member

dfu=device firmware upgrade (mode). You go to advanced options and there it is. Then restore. If you get a new one, don't ever EVER use ziphone again. It can BRICK your iPhone (google "ziphoned").

Good luck.