Weird Home Button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rioting, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rioting

rioting New Member

Hey,
    I've realized that when I hold the home button the iPod resets itself. All the songs and videos get deleted. I thought that this was supposed to quit the application? Is this normal or is somthing wrong?
    Thanks!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's bizzare, it sounds like something got wired wrong. Have you installed anything that changes the shortcut for the home button?

If not, I'd bring it back to wherever you bought it.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whoa, This is interesting, Let me try it on my touch, how long did you hold it??

I actually heard that on older models 2nd gen.

that one person held the middle button and reset everything! maybe this is a glich!! that never got resolved! and you have that 1 in a million iPod!
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

That is interesting. Try it again. Try it after a full restore. If it keeps doing that I think you can return that to Apple and get a shiny new one.

@ Danls92: I don't think theres anything to change the function of HOLDING the home button, but I know iPhoneHome can change for double taps, and I'm pretty sure there's something else.
  5. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes I concur to the above^
  6. rioting

rioting New Member

Hmm odd. It seems like the home button is being normal now?...

My whole library has already been deleted twice without me doing it. I know yesterday night it was because of me holding the home button because right after I closed Safari it was all deleted. The other time, I woke up and found everything gone.

This really annoys me because when I upload all my songs back to my iPod not all the album artwork will go on it. So it takes an hour or two to put them all back on my iPod.

I know the songs randomly deleting themselves isn't normal and I'm wondering if I should return it for a new one because of this? And how would I prove it if it happens randomly. And does anyone else have this album artwork problem? Thanks for all the replies so far.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ben471

ben471 New Member

Definitely take it back. What I would do is put a few songs on it and bring it to them. Show them there is music then hold the home button and show them that it deletes it.
  8. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    been holding the home button for about 1 minute now ok, songs are still here, how long did you hold it down for??