Weird Error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neonarg, Dec 18, 2009.

1. neonarg

neonarg Member

Hey can anyone figure this one out?

Please Register or Log in to view images

When I woke up this morning, my 3G and EDGE services are not working. As you can see the 3G icon is claiming that it is on, yet safari and all other apps are not working. Wifi,on the other hand, is working just fine.

I have already tried to restart the device and reset the network and both did not help at all.

I am currently waiting for fed-ex to deliver my new computer and will try a complete restore when I get that set up.

I have a jailbroken iphone 3Gs v.3.1.2

all help is much appreciated thanks!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

So when you say EDGE and 3G services aren't working.. then you can't call or text either?
  3. neonarg

neonarg Member

calling and texting are working. Thanks for the quick response!
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm weird. So it's not your actual EDGE and 3G services... Try this, I'm not sure if it's the exact same problem, but might as well check it out.
  5. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i get that with my wifi, to fix it all i do is turn of the wifi and let it sit for a few seconds, then turn it back on and it works... Try that
  6. neonarg

neonarg Member

I couldn't get either to work but im setting up my new computer right now then I will try the restore
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright the restore did the trick. I have no idea what caused the problem but after the restore the iphone's 3g worked again, then I restored my phone to the settings it had before on the error came back so all I did was click the reset everything instead of just reset the network and it works!

Thanks for everyone's help!!