Weird cydia problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by j053, May 3, 2009.

1. j053

j053 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    K so like always I browse through cydia and find cool things but when I get bored of them I delete em or if I don't like em but then after I installed other packages it also installs those old packages I deleted before and it's really annoying ccuz I keep having to delete them
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What? Examples please.
  3. j053

j053 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so whenever I install I package or sumtjing some old thing I had install again such as when I downloaded pixel fixer(I got a white pixel on my screen) so I downloaded it and of installed along with the 5app springboard thing siege wars lite and falling sand game so I delete them using cydelete and then I install another package And same thing happened
  4. Erod434

Erod434 Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    That has never happened to me, or anyone I know, but did you use redsn0w after you were already jailbroken because that could be a cause of it, because people have said that redsn0w messes up cydia if you are already jailbroken, but I think you need to restore, unless you can just deal with it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. juvenilepunk

juvenilepunk Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This used to happen to me, I had no idea what the problem is and no one could seem to find a fix so I rejailbroke my ipod.
  6. j053

j053 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i ssh'ed into my ipod and deleted the old things and yes i did use redsn0w after i jailbroke my ipod so hopefully next time i download a package i will not get other packages i deleted previously amd thanls for replying
  7. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you used redsn0w over another jailbreak, that is definately your problem. It happened to me. The only fix is a restore to original firmware (yes you will lose all your data) and then re-jailbreaking with redsn0w.