Weird Customize behaviour

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kuebk, Oct 24, 2008.

1. kuebk

kuebk New Member

I've jailbroken again my iPod touch 1.1.4, last time when I was using Customize it ony required me to install the SUID fix. This time I installed it too but from unknown reason Customize is acting almost same as I wouldn't have SUID fix installed.

It looks like, I start it then it shows up with the text on bottom of the screen saying: Initializing Customize, then Customize shows but the screen is darker for a second, then it shows up in normal for next second and then it suddenly exits to home screen without anything. Any ideas how can I fix it?

Asking since all what I found was to install SUID fix but the problem is that it is not working with this fix either.
  2. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Keep loading it up and see if that fixes the problem.

And if you don't want a Customize account, turn off Wi-Fi in Settings, then turn it on again, and load up Customize before the Wi-Fi icon appears in the Status bar. You'll have to do this every time you want to use Customize.

Or better yet, upgrade to 2.1 and get WinterBoard.
  3. kuebk

kuebk New Member

I've tried to run it many times as I read somewhere as it also may fix the quiting problem.

I tried you 'Wi-Fi trick' and I found that Customize is not quiting if I have no Wi-Fi connection active but If I do it quits also it quits when I'm trying to start it just after turning on Wi-Fi when the icon is not on the top bar yet.

This movie shows exacly how it is not working: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=0ELrtv6EAQ8.

When it started I went to Theme Browser and got message saying that some Customize files are old and I need to go online and update them and the Customize quited in same way as it did when I was connected to Wi-Fi.

BTW: What's a customize account? Back in time I've never got any message asking me do I want to create such account.
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

If you load Customize with Wi-Fi on, it will prompt you to sign up for a Customize account. I signed up for it when I had 1.1.4, but it kept prompting me for my account information and I was fed up with having to put it in, and I then used the Wi-Fi trick instead to get through this.
  5. kuebk

kuebk New Member

It's not helping in my case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Besides it's not asking me for any username/password at start.
  6. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Did you try SSHing into your iPod and setting the permissions of the Customize app to 755?

If you don't know how to SSH, there should be some tutorials on this site on how to do so.
  7. kuebk

kuebk New Member

That's what I'm trying to do now, but it didn't help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Also note the Customize theme servers have been down for months... which may explain the behavior here.
  9. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

The best thing to do is to upgrade to 2.1 and use WinterBoard instead. Either that or just get used to Apple's default layout.

Edit: If you decide to upgrade to 2.1, be sure to restore to a clean copy of 1.1.4 first.
  10. kuebk

kuebk New Member

I was using it few days before I've jailbroken touch again and haven't got any problems.

The problem is that I'm using a polish communicator which latest version is only for 1.1.4 - that's why I would like to stick with 1.1.4.